Do You Think I'm Funny and Entertaining? Please Donate. Thank You!

Friday, October 13, 2006

GloZell, Edits, Book and Pages...

My NBC Angel you know who you are, and you know what you did, and I thank you.

In the lobby, Omega (a page) who may be leaving, told me where ever he goes, I go. That’s sweet, NBC is like "Cheers", everyone knows my name and it feels great.

Jay attracts nice people, and I know that I do to.

I met a new girl behind the desk named Edit, what a cool name.

Charlie Dan walked us to the studio today but he was walking so fast, that he left half the line behind.

On the show, there was a boy who can juggle, named Book. (Maybe Edit and Book can get together. Ha… Ha.)

The musical guest was Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians. (They were the whitest Bohemians, I have ever seen; maybe the old ones were darker… Oh, wait they’re not from the Bahamas.)

I ended up in great seats again today. I thought the people next to me were conservative and would think I was nuts for coming to the Tonight Show every day. Plus Ms. Dolly is the President of the Republican Women’s Club in North Carolina. You know what happens when you assume…

Mrs. Dolly Smelter and her husband Kevin were just the opposite. I felt like asking her if she would pray for me, but I knew that she would think I was crazy. So, I didn’t listen to my inner voice.

Finally Mrs. Dolly asked about my writing and I told her I have a blog and what I did every day. Without me even asking her, she said she would pray for me. It’s hard blazing a trail that no one has done before. When you are doing what you know you are supposed to be doing and it’s seems strange it can be hard.

When people ask me what I do, I can’t say, "Oh, I watch to Tonight Show everyday."

It takes faith to move to California from Florida and not have family here. It takes faith to go to the Tonight Show and write about people who you hope don’t get mad at you or think your crazy. Sometimes God tests you and see if you can be obedient. (I know you don’t want me to preach)

I have met the greatest people at NBC. I’m sad that Kell, and Omega are leaving.

People ask me all the time do I get paid for being here. I tell them no. I should say yes, because I see a great show. I get to watch Jay Leno, my inspiration, I have never head anything bad said about him. I see all the stars and get to met the greatest people. That’s more pay than most people get in a lifetime.

On the way to my car, Mrs. Dolly stopped and prayed for me. She also told me if I’m ever in Charlotte, NC, I could visit them.

At the Tonight Show, for just and hour, I have the best friends in the world. (I know - too mushy, I’ll stop now.)

Remember, Work without faith is dead… So, get busy living!

Love ya,

GloZell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glozell. It was such a pleasure to meet you. We will be in California until next Friday. If any other tickets to the show come available
would like to go.

Would love to meet Jay in person.
HEAR THAT JAY !!!!

Keep up the good work in your writing, keep the faith, be obediant to your call and your will be blessed by God.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Dolly & Kevin

GloZell said...

It was a blessing to meet you too, Madam President. Thanks for the spiritual uplift. Say Hi to your husband as well.

Go on the NBC sight, and you can request tickets there. Probably be able to get some there easier, and quicker, than I could.

That is, of course, until I become a correspondent

Hope to see you soon,

Love GloZell