Do You Think I'm Funny and Entertaining? Please Donate. Thank You!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

GloZell and famous Black Women?



Growing up. There is definitely a difference between the light skinned black people and the darker ones. (More on another blog.) Stories of family members who could use or couldn’t use a bank, what door they could walk in. The light skinned one would get the hotel room and sneak the darker ones up late at night etc.

It all makes you think that lighter is better. (Moving on)

The black woman who are considered most beautiful at one time in my life:

Vanessa Williams (Four children), Halle Berry (darkish skin, dating a beautiful white male model), Trya Banks (never married, no children), Whitney Houston (dark skin, married to a crack head and became one herself, one child), Janet Jackson (dark skin married twice light black and non-black), Lisa Bonet (Divorce, only one child I think), TLC, Lena Horne, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Angela BassetBeonce’. ( I couldn’t think of beautiful black female comedians)

Most influential/powerful black women: (Almost exclusively darker skin) India Arie
Oprah! Maya Angelou (married to a white man), The William Sisters (play tennis and dates non-black men), Terry Mcmillan, (writer, marred a light skinned gay man, wrote how "Stella got her Groove Back") Shirley Chisolm(first black person to run for President), Angela Davis, Rosa Parks (light skinned),Whoopie who only dates non-black menCondoleezaaz Rice.

There are more for both groups. Theirs no right or wrong. A lot of black men marry non-black women. Most black women who are considered beautiful, are white looking or nearly white. I can only think of a few famous white men who date black women. What am I suppose to think about myself. Who wants me that I want back?

Robert De Nero wife is black he has black twins from her and other black children.Robin Thick(singer) has a black wife. the guy who use to be big from the thumbs up thumbs down movie critic show Roger Ebert. He use to be bigger. Ebert is married to a black woman and has dated Oprah) Bill Maher.

Dating a white man was no easy decision me. Only because there will be some little black girl growing up and not see that many successful black couples. Not see any one wanting someone who looks like her. And I now add to that. But In MY walk. I could not continue to date someone who was black just because he was black. (Sorry little GloZell’s of America)

Remember, you have to blaze your own trail…

LoVe Ya

GloZell

6 comments:

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

your homework for the day - visit 10 blogs and leave a comment on each one. It will help increase the traffic to your own blog.

GloZell said...

Thanks I will,i'm at the chuch figuring out how to work my computer! I hope all is well with you.

Wow this is the first time I blogged on by myself on my own computer. Today I started thinking that I might have a learning disorder. But because I always seemed to know such great people things would get done.

I thank you! I'm not close to my sister,and blah blah blah. I'm not a mushy person.

I think very highly of you and I hope you think that way of yourself!
Go Mary!

Take care,

GloZell

GloZell said...

Whait! I know your blog but how do I get other peoples blog? I'll ask around.

Thanks
GloZell

Anonymous said...

Toni Morrison get's a vote from me... a profound novelist who earned a Pulitzer Prize for her work.

-WhiteNinja

GloZell said...

Thanks WhiteNinja I will look her up!


Take Care,

GloZell who put pictures up all by herself. It took two hours, and I did it the long way,but it's up!

Anonymous said...

Dearest GloZell, and to anyone of any color: white, black, yellow, brown, etc.

Do not go with someone or marry someone because you think it's a better "role model" for someone else (like children) or because you think the person will "look right" on your/their arm.

Do go with someone or marry someone because you "click" with them, you love them and you enjoy being with them. A relationship is between two people and not with the rest of world or even friends or family.

Color (or mismatch of color) may matter to other people but that should be their problem, not yours. Yes, you can't completely escape what others say but if you allow yourself to have your choices, needs and desires dictated by others you will never be happy. Life is too short to let others control your happiness.

Being a happy, functioning couple and good parent is all the role model you need to worry about being!