Do You Think I'm Funny and Entertaining? Please Donate. Thank You!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

GloZell's day of advice...

I have to thank Rithy and his wife Phyllis... they took a myself and Richard out for his Birthday last Monday got him a cake and took the time to find a vegan cake... I usually go to this comedy show done at a coffee shop in the hood on Mondays...

Last Monday I knew that there was going to be tributes to Bernie Mac but something told me to enjoy the fact that Rithy and his wife was kind enough to take me out... so I went and enjoyed myself with Rithy and wifey....
---------When I am over on my side of town... ( I am house sitting in the Toluca Lake Burbank area for a little over a month) I like to see Sister Collins.... 92 year old tell it like it is young lady....

This is how it went...

"Roommate"... ( in a very low voice) Hey GloZell... I'll tell Maw you here
GloZell ... How did you know I was walking up?

"Roommate"... I saw you turn around in the driveway... How are you GloZell?
GloZell .... I'm fine... just want to see Sister Collins thanks... don't want to be a trouble...

You could hear Sister Collins scrambling to get out to see me (that made me feel great) she threw her hands up in the air... she hugged me... she was so happy to see me....

Sister Collins ... Where you been gal? He didn't scare you off again... I knows you don't come in the house no mo... I knows why... I don't get no privacy with that JackA** living wit me... Lawd knows I don't...

He watch my every move... I bet he listn' to us right now...

GloZell .... Oh it's going to start like this Sistah? ( I just try to keep things cool with everything I say)
---
I laugh and have the best time with Sister Collins... cuz she doesn't try to be PC or worries about feelings... just tell it like it is... ( I'm going to be gutsy like her... I hope)




Sadly I don't think I'll be visiting Sistah Collins any more...

I only know two people like that Sister Collins and Fight'n Mad Mary...(LoVe them)

----

I go to the comedy show... and find out that the show last week was canceled due to the fact that someone shot out the windows... SHOT OUT THE WINDOWS!(GOD IS GOOD I would have been sitting right in the line of fire...

Comedian Jay Anthony Brown (Picture on the right) said two weeks ago " Hey yall's some bold N'gs to be sitting with yo back against a window on Crenshaw... I'm leaving you... I'm not going to get me shot up in here"... ( I didn't take that seriously at all... )

Last night I stayed for the show but I didn't sit with my back to the window....

While I was watching the show... some guy sat right behind me? I thought he was writing but he drew my portrait...

cartoon style...
Later on I kicked it with Wally Wingert... Voice over extraordinaire...

-----------

Today...Tuesday...
I am going hiking ( the only down side of hanging out with white people...) so I will put up videos and picks if a mountain lion doesn't get me...
Thanks...
G

I am back from hiking it was good and I ran into two people I knew....
Have a great day everyone and be healthy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GG,
Loved your gossip videos. A good variety of issues. You have fun with them and hope there's more...Part 3, 4...
She's right about that grandson...scary...Sister Collins HAS to be tough. She's gonna miss you and will know why you stopped.
He's up to NO GOOD!! Very posessive. And Sister Collins knows it and he's afraid you'll find out!
Gone up on the scales a few and get weighed at the doctor's in the AM, but I think I'm down from my last visit a few. Just boiled soy in the shell and picked the beans out of the pod for lunch. Of course , haven' my coffee with cream/sugar. Have oatmeal cooling with peaches,,,then put it in the frig and eat it like cobbler with cream...Ummmm. Jim's working on his lunch (3 hrs.) and we're watching an old 1933 movie and on our computers. It's Barbara Stanwick day on TCM.
Had an inch of rain the past couple days...cooled temps...and more headed this way with daytime heating. Casey is sleeping on the beed on top of three pillows to give her some height. She's a low-rider. Jim's going to take her out to do her duty before the rain gets here. We don't have a fence so walk her several times a day by the golf course pond across the street. She's loves her walks, but does NOT like water...and it just thundered so it's CLOSE:).
Made some medical, etc. calls and done the linens. Watch to hummingbirds come and go. Gonna nap later.
Know this is the most exciting letter of your day.
XXXOOOXOOXX,
MD

GloZell said...

I love your relationship... sounds like two friends... so nice...

yeah... I thought mabe I will see Sistah Collins when she goes to the old folks home... you should hear the things they tell me about "roomate" the worst ...
but I am not a relative and Sistah has money and a house that mabe someone thinks I want or will get willed to me or something...

I just like love her... so funny! We use to sing church songs on her piano... inside but... sometimes she gets wine suggestions and drifts off to sleep and I am stuck inside sort of thing... so...
thats that...
I fear that I will only see her at her funeral...
I don't know... you should have seen her face when she saw me....
but her roomate is interesting...

Soy! Great ... there is also non-dairy cream... ( just thought you might want to try that...hee hee hee)

Ahhh you and your man watching movies... Jim's a great guy... you should keep him... ( I can't watch a free comedy show or hang out with my friend... boo hoo...got to keep going on...

Hey! a few pounds but think you are down... that's cool don't trip over a few pounds...

Glad you like the gossip videos... I come with so many ideas and I really don't care to be the one to do it but... it's just me that I can rely on...
I am going to try that peaches and oatmeal...that's good...
thanks

Take care... enjoy the birds... that's the life...
GloZell

Anonymous said...

that cake looks sooo good!

GloZell said...

Hey B! Sexy Vegan....

Look at the fire you started with your spark! Vegan taste good!... I have been hiking twice this week and going tomorrow...

Nice hearing from you chile' tell Jay Leno's nephew I said hi...
Take Care
G